Kalon Lueur has developed products by combining the best of nature with leading science. Our mission is to improve and evaluate our ingredient policy as an ever-evolving standard of excellence. This means we continuously challenge ourselves to do better and better.
We’re vigilant about the latest
research to ensure we’re being mindful and cautious.
As innovators, we must educate, empower and inspire people to make better choices for the beauty of life.
SKINCARE ANTI-AGING SERIES
KALON LUEUR IS A UNIQUE FORMULATION WITH THE SUPER 4X REJUVENATION COMPLEX WITH 3D HYDRATION TECHNOLOGY THAT PENETRATES INTO DEEPER LAYERS OF THE SKIN FOR EFFICIENT NOURISHMENT AND PROTECTION.
Does your skin speak your age?
Our skin is at the mercy of various factors such as sun, pollution, improper diet, chemical compounds etc.
It is in direct contact with the environment and exposed to many external stress factors. Stress-inducing factors such as UV light, pollution lead to an increased buildup of free radicals that cause damage at the cellular level and accelerate the ageing process making the skin appear older than it actually is. Natural ageing process and environmental influences can cause the waterproof protective skin barrier to break down, allowing the skin to lose moisture and become dry. These free radicals cause lipid peroxidation of the top layer of skin reducing the natural barrier function. Excess free radical breaks down the collagen matrix leading to wrinkle formation and loss of elastin along with the development of age spots.
THE OUTER APPEARANCE OF THE SKIN IS A
REFLECTION OF A PERSON’S INNER HEALTH AND VITALITY
Skin is the largest organ of the body and its health is crucial for our survival. It is the first line of
“When looking to prevent or manage skin problems, most people believe that products that are applied topically are the most effective solution. Products that are applied to the surface of the skin predominantly affect the epidermis–the outermost layer – and are limited in their ability to penetrate into deeper layers of the skin.”
The superior protection that natural astaxanthin provides to the skin compared to other antioxidants has encouraged skin care experts and health professionals around the world to endorse it as an essential
LAYERS OF SKIN
SIGNS OF AGEING
Around the age of 25, the first signs of ageing start to become seeming on the surface of the skin. Fine lines appear first, and over time wrinkles, a loss of volume and a loss of elasticity become noticeable. Our skin ages for a variety of different reasons. Many of the origins of skin ageing are entirely natural and cannot be altered. There are, however, several factors that can cause
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS
There are three main signs of overall skin ageing. Each one affects the look of the face in a different way.
Loss of Volume
Loss of Density
CAUSES & TRIGGERS
Skin ages due to internal and external factor. Understanding these factors helps us to care for skin as it ages, reduce the visible signs of skin ageing and prevent untimely skin ageing.
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL FACTOR WHICH CAUSES SKIN AGING
ASTAXANTHIN- UV & DAMAGE PROTECTION
World’s Most Powerful Antioxidant
Defence against the Signs of Aging
What’s the secret of Japanese women’s flawless skin?
Minimize the exposure to the sun, a diet rich in antioxidants and their latest discovery, Astaxanthin.
While natural ageing can cause the loss of skin suppleness and elasticity, the sun’s UV-induced free radicals are more harmful to the skin because they accelerate the ageing process. Astaxanthin is a powerful antioxidant which has anti-inflammatory effects & provides
- Reversing premature signs of ageing,
- Maintaining a youthful appearance, and
- Preventing UV induced skin cancer
Astaxanthin is the world’s most powerful antioxidant harvested from the microalgae, Haematococcus Pluvialis. Astaxanthin is 6,000 times stronger than Vitamin C and 550 times stronger than Vitamin E.
- The most powerful antioxidant from nature that supports to neutralize the free radicals from causing skin damage.
- Improves elasticity by strengthening the collagen layer.
- Reduces the size of wrinkles and improves skin texture.
- Promotes firmness and reduces UV damage.
- It deeply penetrates the skin and provides protection to all the skin layers inside out.
- It is shown to be an efficient absorber of specific UV rays that may contribute to skin ageing, pigmentation and reduced skin elasticity.
- Helps skin to maintain moisture levels.
- Reduces puffiness by suppressing the inflammatory pathway.
- Prevents and reduces the presence of UV-induced wrinkles by protecting the dermal layer against oxidative stress dysfunction.
- It helps to reduce the risk of skin cancer by protecting against accumulated DNA damage.
Co-Q10 Complex Oil
CoQ10 is extensively recognized as a nutrient which protects the heart health. Recent research indicates that against CoQ10 may have a wide range of benefits that include preventing skin cancer and photoaging, guarding prostate and breast cancers, supporting healthy blood sugar levels in diabetics, and preventing endothelial dysfunction and vascular disease.
The level of Co-Enzyme Q10 within the skin rises; it’s at peaks at 20 to 30 years of age and then gradually diminishes with age. Most women over 30 years have optimum levels of CoQ10 in the skin. The lack of CoQ10 results in an impeded ability to produce collagen and elastin. Collagen is essential to make your skin firm, while elastin gives skin flexibility to your skin. The loss of collagen and elastin causes your skin to wrinkle and sag.
The natural, yeast-derived form of CoQ10 used in the study was also much better absorbed than synthetic formulations. The researchers stated that daily topical application of antioxidants such as CoQ10 may form the basis of a lifelong strategy to protect the skin against the effects of oxidative stress.
One of the recent researches suggests that topically applied CoQ10 may protect the skin against photo ageing, or skin ageing caused by exposure to ultraviolet light. German scientists demonstrated that topically applied CoQ10 penetrates the skin’s surface to the living layers of the epidermis, where it reduced oxidative stress, a known contributor to ageing and disease. They also noted a marked reduction in the depth of wrinkles following the application of CoQ10. In addition, topical CoQ10 helped protect the skin from the effects of UVA rays, a particularly harmful, DNA-damaging spectrum of ultraviolet light that conventional sunscreens do not block effectively. (See “The Sunscreen Paradox,” Life Extension, June 2006.) The German researchers concluded that CoQ10 may offset the effects of photo ageing and thus promote more youthful-looking skin. Most important new applications for CoQ10 may be the prevention of deadly melanoma.
• It energizes the skin.
• It protects against photo ageing.
• It rejuvenates skin by stimulating skin cell activity.
• It stimulates collagen production.
• It helps to neutralize harmful free radicals.
• It is a potent antioxidant that acts against oxidative damage.
• Increased elastin gene expression
• Promoted collagen expression (type IV)
• Promoted the production of Fibroblasts
• Reduces activity of the enzyme tyrosinase (that would support evenness of skin tone since tyrosinase promotes melanin production).
• Significantly decreased” UV damage
• It helps in skin repair and wound healing
VITAMIN E (TPGS)- MOISTURIZER & PIGMENTATION REDUCTION
Vitamin E (TPGS)
Vitamin E TPGS is a water-soluble derivative of the natural form of d-α-tocopherol. In addition to serving as a water-soluble source of vitamin E, TPGS has unique properties due to its dual combination of lipophilicity and hydrophilicity. Its applications include the formulation of lipophilic and poorly soluble nutrients and natural compounds and enhanced absorption and bioavailability. TPGS has a proven record of safety and efficacy in cosmetics. In order to protect itself, the skin already contains 1% alpha-tocotrienol, 3% gamma-tocotrienol, 87% alpha-tocopherol, and 9% gamma-tocopherol as part of its antioxidant defence system.
The process of skin ageing has been linked to the destruction caused by free radicals over time. Although there are many different factors at work, wrinkled skin is largely the result of cumulative UV exposure. UV rays from the sun make the oxygen molecules in the dermis “spin,” causing them to split into two free radicals. The destructive power of these toxic molecules gradually breaks down healthy collagen and compromises the skin’s integrity. Fortunately, scientists have found that the gamma tocotrienol form of vitamin E may regulate certain gene signals in the skin that help prevent the damage typically seen after UVB exposure.
• Enhance the penetration and absorption of skin lipids.
• Locks moisture into the skin and prevents dehydration.
• Vitamin E TPGS is able to deeply penetrate the skin and provides
• It helps in maintaining the barrier function of the skin.
• It helps in nourishing your skin from within.
• It promotes healthy
• It helps to regenerate new skin cells and can lighten brown spots or scars.
YEAST BETAGLUCAN- SKIN IMMUNITY
Skin immunity plays a key role in the healthy functioning skin. Immune cells in the skin function as soldiers, by constantly preventing the invasion of microorganisms, and play an important role in maintaining homeostasis. These cells are crucial for the constant repair, protection and renewal of tissue. Thus, efficient skin immunity is essential to attain functional, healthy and beautiful skin. Beta Glucan increases natural self-protecting capabilities of the skin and also accelerates skin recovery. It is a strong anti-irritating and anti-inflammatory agent. Beta glucan helps heal skin from over-exposure to the sun, mild burns, rashes and even cuts and wounds. It has been shown to stimulate collagen production and can reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It strengthens skin’s structure and aids in the restoration of damaged skin cells.
• Yeast is an antioxidant and antioxidants strengthen skin structure and help produce healthy skin cells toward off environmental damage.
• Yeast is a great source of beta-glucan, a polysaccharide with anti-inflammatory benefits capable of reducing redness and other signs of irritation.
• May help stimulate tissue repair and exhibit properties shown to protect skin.
• Can hydrate skin, repair DNA, produce collagen and brighten skin.
• Fewer lines and wrinkles
• Increased skin tone and elasticity
• Smoother surface
NIACINAMIDE- RESTORE THE SKIN
In the skincare world, Niacinamide is an antioxidant, also known as vitamin B3 or nicotinic acid. It occurs naturally in our bodies, as well as in a ton of the food we eat. Niacinamide is a derivative of Vitamin B3 that suppresses melanin from reaching the surface of the skin and protects the skin from further UV damage. Too much melanin (which is a naturally occurring substance in the body that is responsible for both its colour the skin’s absorption of UV rays) can result in age spots, freckles, and hyper-pigmentation.
“Topical application of Niacinamide has been shown to increase ceramide and free fatty acid levels in the skin, prevent skin from losing water content, and stimulate microcirculation in the dermis” according to the British Journal of Dermatology in 2000.
BENEFITS: Niacinamide is an exceptional skin care ingredient because it can treat nearly any skin concern. It is an effective treatment for the following issues
• Acne and breakouts
• Hyperpigmentation and dark spots
• Uneven skin texture
• Oversized pores
• Minimize lines and wrinkles
• Protects skin from infrared light
• Boosting the immunity of your skin
• Redness and sensitivity
• Compromised skin barrier, which looks like itchy, flakey, or overly thin skin
• Over production of oil
• Dullness and sallowness
• Improve the skin’s barrier functions by increasing cell turnover and proliferation, as well as lipid production.
• Helps minimize the look of dark spots and hyperpigmentation.
• It has
• Niacinamide can also mitigate the damage environmental attack can
ORYZA SATIVA BRAN OIL
Oryza Sativa is a skin conditioning agent and also used to the skin. It provides both short and long-term hydration to the skin. It increases the synthesis of collagen 1 & 3. It also stimulates the synthesis of filaggrin which contributes to better skin moisturization. It provides structural integrity of the stratum corneum.
- Slows the look of ageing & brightens complexation.
- Improves circulation & evens skin tone.
- Increases body’s defence against toxins that enter through the skin.
- Promotes collagen synthesis.
- Increase firmness & skin suppleness.
- Contains anti-oxidants that provide an anti ageing effect to eliminate wrinkles & fine illness.
- Helps to protect skin lipids from oxidation to prevent discolouration.